1. Between whom was there tension?
Between Galileans and Judeans
2. How did the Judeans view the Galileans?
As backward country folk
3. In Jesus’ time how was Palestine divided?
It was divided into provinces.
4. What was the Southern province of Palestine known as?
It was known as Judea
5. What was the Southern Provinces geographical capital?
The capital was Jerusalem
6. Who was the Southern Province ruled by?
It was ruled by Rome through the governor Pontius Pilate
7. What was the Northern Province of Palestine known as?
It was known for having a terrible ruler, all the Jews who were under roman authority wanted to override him but they were powerless.
8. What was the Northern Provinces geographical capital?
It was Galilee
9. Who was the Northern Province ruled by?
10. What were the Jewish society views of the Roman Empire?
All the Jews who were under roman authority wanted to override him but they were powerless.
11. Galilee was what type of area?
An agricultural area.
12. What was Galilee boarded by on the East and West?
It was bordered by the Mediterranean Sea on the west of the River Jordan and the Sea of Galilee in the West.
13. As a result of this, what images did Jesus use in His teachings?
He used farming and fishing images to help people understand the message of God’s Kingdom.